Here is a brief version of my CV for you.
- 1957 – Born in Toronto, Ontario.
- 1978 – Graduated with a BA in Economics and Commerce from the Royal Military College of Canada, Kingston, Ontario.
- 1979 to 1990 – Flew 3000 hours as a helicopter pilot, including time as a search and rescue pilot on Labrador helicopters in Comox (Vancouver Island), British Columbia.
1991 to 1994 – Lived and worked in Southern Spain.
- 1996 to 1999 – Earned my mutual funds and insurance designations through PFSL Canada and began to build my practice in Victoria, British Columbia.
- 2000 – Moved back to the Comox Valley and joined First Financial Securities Inc.
- 2001 – Earned my full securities accreditation with an honours pass on the Canadian Securities Course.
- 2004 – I was an honours graduate of the Investment Management Techniques program, an advanced course offered by the Canadian Securities Institute, and the first of two advanced courses leading to the prestigious Canadian Investment Manager (CIM) designation. The knowledge gained has allowed me a much deeper understanding of efficient portfolio construction, and I trust my clients will reap the benefits in kind.
- 2011 – Joined Portfolio Strategies Securities Inc. headquartered in Toronto.
- 2012 – Obtained my license in BC to sell life and disability insurance, as well as annuities and other ‘guaranteed income for life’ offerings.
- 2016 – Joined the Responsible Asset Management division of Leede Jones Gable, with the aim of establishing the most progressively ethical investment dealership in Canada. Moved to my current office location at 949A Fitzgerald Avenue in Courtenay, BC.
Outside of the office, my passion is basketball. I am coach of the Junior Boys team at Vanier High School in Courtenay, and member of the Canada West team that won the gold medal at the recent World Masters Games in Turin, Italy.
What’s important to me is that corporations…
respect the dignity and value of all people around the globe
- help to build a world at peace and free from violence
- practice sound environmental stewardship
- plan to develop their businesses in a sustainable manner
- treat animals in an ethical and humane way
- are active in supporting their local communities
What’s important to you?
Leede Jones Gable Inc. is an independent investment dealer headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, with offices across Canada. As an independent securities dealer we are free from pressure to recommend any one investment product over another.
As an employee-owned firm, Leede Jones Gable is built upon a commitment to personal service and professional excellence through our successor firms that dates back to 1987 for Leede Financial Markets Inc. and to 1965 for Jones, Gable and Company Limited. Leede Jones Gable is a member of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and the Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF).
There is no minimum investment criteria for my clients.